Minions

Minions

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Amelia is Here!

Amelia decided to arrive one week before her scheduled C-section.  So I got to go through seven hours of labor before the people at the hospital decided it was time to call the doctor and proceed with the C-section.

Here is Linden when they finally decided to get us all ready to go to the OR.


And me all ready for the OR.  FINALLY!


We got a beautiful, little, tiny, baby girl.  Here she is for her first bath.  She was born at 6:45 am on Saturday, July 12, 2014.  She weighed 5 lbs. 7 oz. and was 18 in. long.


And all cleaned up, resting in her bed at the hospital.


The kids were quite excited to get a phone call from us that early Saturday morning.  They didn't know where we were when they got up.  They thought maybe Linden and I had gone to the temple.  So they were quite excited and anxiously awaiting the news of whether we got a boy or girl.  They all got to meet her on Saturday.  This picture was taken on Sunday when they came for another visit after they went to church.  We had a hard time getting them to all look the same direction with a nice smile.  Here is one of the better ones.


Itty Bitty, as we called her for the first couple of days until we figured out her name, with Grandma Butler.  On Sunday afternoon we chose to name her Amelia.


Amelia with Grandpa Butler


I had bought both a new little girl outfit and a boy outfit with instructions for my mom to wash and bring the appropriate gender outfit to the hospital after we knew which we got. I got the wrong size, though, I bought newborn.  So my mom and dad chose a premie size baby girl outfit that she came home from the hospital in.  The carseat was HUGE!  She wore premie clothes for the first two to three weeks.  Then we moved her into newborn clothes.


Grandma Nielsen with Amelia, two days old, and Lincoln, 2 1/2 months old.


Amelia at 1 week old with 5 of 8 Nielsen girl cousins.  We are missing, Jenna, Anna, and Maddy. In the picture are Tyanna 9, Ella 4, Isabel 4, Maeve 3 months, and Amelia.


When Amelia was one month old we got to go to a Jazz basketball mini-camp.  Here are the kids with Ian Clark, from the Utah Jazz.  They had lots of fun playing with him.


Here is Amelia on the first day of school.  She is one month and two days old.  She was pulling a really cute face.  I was trying to capture one of her many smiles.  But I didn't quite make it.  She smiled a lot in her sleep from day one.  And then when she was about three weeks old she started smiling at you.


One our our trips to the zoo.  Amelia's first time.


Amelia likes to sleep with her hands up in the air.


Amelia was blessed on September 7, 2014.  Here are just the 8 of us!


Here is Amelia with her dress and blanket, and of course a huge smile!


Amelia at two months old. Here is the outfit Isabel and I chose to bring her home from the hospital in, wearing it for the last time.  She got to wear it starting at about two weeks old until about two months old.   Our little Itty Bitty grew rather quickly. Obviously she likes her food.  At her two week check up she weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz.  She had gained over one pound.  At her two month check up she weighed 10 lbs. even.  She gained almost five pounds!! I love her adorable smile, with her tongue out as she stretches.


I wanted to get a few more pictures of her in her blessing dress with the blanket before I packed them away.  So, here she is at three months old.  She wasn't very happy with me when I got her in the dress just for a few pictures and then changed her again.


Amelia at four months old.  At her check up she weighed 12 lbs. 11 oz.  She is following her curve nicely.  She started rolling over when she was a little over three months old.  She loves to talk, laugh, smile, and giggle.   She is a very, very, very good baby!!!  All of the kids absolutely love to play with her.  She is a joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment